Thursday, March 14, 2019

Titles... Harder Than I Thought

Now,
   What to call this film opening. Something I would think would be relatively easy to come up with, boy was I wrong. I needed something which would represent the intensity and concept of the film. In order to get a better idea of what a film which involves stalking I looked into other films which did as well. Some names of popular stalking films were Unsane, Obsessed, The boy next door, Fear, and The perfect guy. I noticed that most of the titles were based on either adjectives or a description of who the guy was or where he was from. Focusing on this concept I began to juggle around ideas in my mind.
    I started googling synonyms for words such as stalker and began looking into other ways to say words which I felt were too generic to capture anyone's attention. During this, I looked up the word synonym for robber due to the fact the man enters the girls home without an invitation. Then I  thought to myself, he is not necessary a robber since he isn't stealing anything but he is indeed uninvited. AND BOOM! The title clicked. Uninvited.
     I thought that Uninvited would make a great title because it embodies everything that the film is going to be based on, a man who from the start partook in discussion with the female which she did not want to be a part of. I also thought it was a good title because like other stalking films it has a one-word title that makes a large impact. The one word uninvited already gives the idea that there is going to be a conflict and as soon as the viewer hits play he able to tell that the man is the one who is not invited to partake in the women's coffee break or be invited to her home later on. The word also makes it clear that he is intruding whether it be in her personal life with his persistent questioning or it is physically when he enters her home UNINVITED.

SEE you soon,
Larissa Sallowicz

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

My final thoughts...      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_QeNQHCxX8eOvcGnRdLjJWwDGpV-_Eeb/view?usp=sharing Thank you for listening and f...