Friday, February 22, 2019

Getting Started!

Happy blogging, Larissa Sallowicz here again!
    WOW! It's definitely been a while since my fingers have tapped away on this keyboard to update you all on how my piece is going. I have officially decided I am going to be focusing on the horror genre. Now at first, I was a little worried on if I could pull off a horror piece, however, after researching more about the genre itself horror is definitely what I want to do.
     When I began researching the horror genre I learned much about not only its characteristics and elements but also its history. The genre of horror stems from the gothic era in the 17th and 18th centuries which occurred primarily in European countries. The first horror movie ever on record was released in 1896 and is called "Le Manoir du Diable" or also known as "The Devil's Castle." Movies such as these first released horror films revolutionized the film industry forever by creating the frightening, startling, and at times disgusting films we watch today.
      After looking into the history of the genre itself I immediately knew that I wanted to focus on more of a modern take of the horror genre rather than some of the older films. I began to look into the best new horror films released in the past 10 to 20 years for inspiration, but I struggled immensely. I didn't quite know exactly where I wanted to take my film or how to even begin. Then, after an internet deep dive and a night full of Netflix binge-watching, it finally hit me what I wanted my film to be about.
       After watching a few episodes of the new Netflix series "You" and thinking about what truly scares me, stalking came to mind. One of my biggest fears is being followed or watched, so I thought to myself why not make a horror film based off one of my biggest fears. I felt that the concept of a stalker fit the genre characteristics of the horror genre, especially with its spine chilling creepy occurrences. So once I knew the general concept of what I wanted to do... I began.
See you next post,
Larissa Sallowicz

References:

“13 Steps To Making A Horror Film.” Raindance, 21 Nov. 2018, www.raindance.org/13-steps-to-making-a-horror-film/. 

Most Influential, Significant and Important Films in American Cinema - The 1960s, www.filmsite.org/horrorfilms.html. 

Nour, Sarah. “The First 13 Horror Films in Recorded History.” ReelRundown, ReelRundown, 22 May 2018, reelrundown.com/film-industry/The-First-13-Horror-Films-in-Recorded-History. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

My final thoughts...      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_QeNQHCxX8eOvcGnRdLjJWwDGpV-_Eeb/view?usp=sharing Thank you for listening and f...