Sunday, February 24, 2019

Actually getting started... I think...

Greetings from The Bahamas,
        Vacation sweet vacation. Nothing like rays of sunshine and the sea air to inspire my media portfolio even more. So last post I talked with you guys how I plan to do something about stalking. That is still my plan however, I just need to think about the important stuff now such as plot, characters, and really begin setting up the rest of my piece. To understand how to make a horror film pertaining to stalkers I first must understand what exactly it means to be one. According to Marshall University, the profile of a stalker consists of many different things such as their relationship to the victim and what their motivation may be to stalk the victim. Many stalkers stem from rejection by the victim or an unhealthy fantasy about the victim in an obsessive manner. 
          I wanted the stalker of my film to stem from a rejection. For me to be able to pull this off I knew the start of my film would have to start in a public place, maybe a coffee shop, where the victim will reject said stalker upon his advance towards her. This would be the start of my film opening which would then lead to the stalking patterns and threatening behavior to come. According to the MDEdge Psychiatry page, rejected stalkers are the most common and dangerous type of stalker who hold a complex and volatile mix of reconciliation and revenge. 
          Now that I knew what type of stalker I wanted for my film opening and what direction I wanted to take with it I began to feel far more comfortable. Thinking back a week ago I had no clue how I was going to be able to pull off a horror piece. But now, I have scenes popping into my head ready for me to transform into actual shots. 
Time to get to the film storyboarding, who's ready?
Talk to you guys in a little!
Larissa Sallowicz

Refrences:

Knoll, James, and Phillip J. Resnick. “Stalking Intervention: Know the 5 Stalker Types, Safety Strategies for Victims.” MDedge Psychiatry, 11 Dec. 2018, www.mdedge.com/psychiatry/article/62668/stalking-intervention-know-5-stalker-types-safety-strategies-victims. 

“Marshall University.” Womens Center, www.marshall.edu/wcenter/stalking/characteristic-of-a-stalker/. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

My final thoughts...      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_QeNQHCxX8eOvcGnRdLjJWwDGpV-_Eeb/view?usp=sharing Thank you for listening and f...